Zero Emission Vehicles Ireland, established as a dedicated office, aims to support consumers, the public sector, and businesses in transitioning to zero-emission vehicles. Aligned with Ireland’s Climate Action Plan 2021, the office targets having 945,000 electric vehicles on Irish roads by 2030. The Electric Vehicles Grant is a significant step in offsetting the costs for individuals purchasing electric cars.
- Target Audience: All individuals purchasing an electric car.
- Benefits: Enjoy a 74% reduction in transport costs compared to a comparable new diesel engine car, along with the lowest motor tax rate at €120 per annum.
Privately Bought Electric Vehicles (EVs):
- A maximum grant of €3,500 for qualifying new M1 (passenger car) battery electric vehicles (BEVs) when purchased privately.
- Grant amounts vary based on the list price of the vehicle, ranging from €1,500 to €3,500.
- Full details on eligible EVs and grant amounts are available here.
Commercially Bought Electric Vehicles (N1S category):
- A maximum grant of €3,800 for qualifying N1S category BEVs when purchased commercially.
- Grant amounts range from €2,000 to €3,800, depending on the list price of the vehicle.
Large Panel Vans (N1L category):
- A grant of €7,600 is available for new large panel vans (BEV only) with a technically permissible maximum mass of exactly 3500kg (N1 category vehicle).
- Eligible for large panel vans with a price, excluding grants and incentives, of €90,000 or less.
- Grants apply to new vehicles only and cannot be claimed on second-hand vehicles.
- Any applications made for an N1L vehicle that have an N1S vehicle registered will have the grant application cancelled.
- Read the full criteria for vans
Accelerated Capital Allowance:
Electric vehicles and charging equipment may qualify for Accelerated Capital Allowances (ACA).
Commercial Purchases and De Minimis Funding:
EV Scheme grants are classified as de minimis state aid and are subject to a 3-year €300,000 ceiling.
How to Apply:
- Choose a make/model of EV using our comparison tool.
- Head to your nearest dealer for a test drive and performance details.
- The dealer will apply for the grant on your behalf, deducting the grant amount from the total price of your new Electric Vehicle.
- Note: SEAI grants are not available for used EVs.
For more information see: https://www.seai.ie/grants/electric-vehicle-grants/
Grant applications are a key specialty of Celtic Dynamics. We actively research and apply for grants on behalf of your company, ensuring you can access available financial assistance to optimise the overall cost of your energy projects.
How to Proceed:
Ready to secure funding for your energy-saving projects? Book a call with Celtic Dynamics to discuss the details further and receive a customised quotation. Our Energy Grant Applications service is designed to enhance your chances of success in securing grants for your energy initiatives.