The Electric Vehicle Home Charger Grant is a government-funded initiative designed to support residents and homeowners in installing electric vehicle charge points at their properties. By offering a grant of up to €300, this scheme aims to facilitate the adoption of electric vehicles by making home charging more accessible. The grant is open to all homeowners, whether they currently own an electric vehicle or not.
- Grant Amount: Up to €300 towards the purchase and installation of an electric vehicle home charging unit.
- Eligible Chargers: Only smart chargers registered on SEAI’s Smart Charger Register are supported.
- Applicant: The electric vehicle must be parked in an off-street location associated with the home. The charger must be connected back to the home of the applicant.
- Location Confirmation: The Meter Point Reference Number (MPRN) from your electricity bill will be used to confirm the location of your home.
- No Previous Grant: The property should not be associated with a previous EV home charge point grant payment. It should also not have availed of the free ESB Ecars home charger pre-2018.
- Installation Start Date: Do not commence any work before the start date on your Letter of Offer, as this may render the expenditure ineligible for grant support.
- Completion Timeline: You have 6 months from the date on the Letter of Offer to complete the installation and submit the required documentation.
- Complete the online Electric Vehicle Home Charger grant application form. Provide your Meter Point Reference Number and home address Eircode.
- Upon approval, receive a Letter of Offer via email, along with the Terms and Conditions and a Payment Request Form link. You will also receive an email containing the Installation Details form for your electrician.
- Forward the Installation Details form to your chosen electrician. Complete the installation within 6 months from the Letter of Offer.
- Ensure the work is performed by a qualified electrician registered with Safe Electric Ireland.
- Complete the Payment Request Form, including necessary documentation.
- Submit the Payment Request Form with the required items: fully signed form, copy of Certificate Number 3, electrician’s test record, invoices, and photographs of the installed charge point.
- Your electrician must send a fully completed copy of Certificate Number 3 to Safe Electric Ireland for validation.
- Once approved, SEAI will make an electronic payment of the grant amount to the provided bank details.
Note: On average, applications will be processed for payment on the Home Charger Grant Scheme in approximately 6-8 weeks from the date documents are received by SEAI.
For more information see: https://www.seai.ie/grants/electric-vehicle-grants/electric-vehicle-charging/
Grant applications are a key specialty of Celtic Dynamics. We actively research and apply for grants on behalf of your company, ensuring you can access available financial assistance to optimise the overall cost of your energy projects.
How to Proceed:
Ready to secure funding for your energy-saving projects? Book a call with Celtic Dynamics to discuss the details further and receive a customised quotation. Our Energy Grant Applications service is designed to enhance your chances of success in securing grants for your energy initiatives.