The Commercial Electric Vehicles Grant, an initiative by SEAI, is designed to empower businesses and public entities to embrace sustainable practices by providing grant support for the acquisition of new electric vehicles (EVs) and charging infrastructure. This scheme aims to foster a reduction in greenhouse gas emissions, enhance air quality, and alleviate fuel and maintenance costs.
Who Can Apply:
Businesses and public entities committed to sustainability, tax compliant, and engaged in a Case I trade or Case II profession are eligible to apply for the Commercial Electric Vehicles Grant. This includes charities and approved sporting bodies undertaking specific activities.
To qualify for the Commercial Electric Vehicles Grant, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be tax compliant and possess a valid Tax Clearance Certificate.
- Engage in a Case I trade or Case II profession, including qualifying charities and sporting bodies.
- Be registered with SEAI.
- Have a clear business case for transitioning to EVs.
- Possess a minimum of one EV in their fleet or have intentions to purchase at least one EV within six months of applying.
- Have a suitable location for charging infrastructure installation.
- Comply with the European Union State Aid Temporary Crisis Framework and Transition (TCTF) regulations.
The grant value is contingent on the type and quantity of EVs and charging points procured or installed. It covers up to 75% of the EV purchase price (excluding VAT) and up to 75% of the charging point installation cost (excluding VAT). The maximum grant amounts per EV are €7,000 for passenger vehicles, €3,800 for small commercial vehicles, and €7,600 for large commercial vehicles. Charging points are eligible for a maximum grant of €600 for standard chargers and €5,000 for fast chargers.
Applicants seeking the Commercial Electric Vehicles Grant are required to submit the following documents:
- A copy of their Tax Clearance Certificate.
- A completed application form and declaration.
- A copy of their fleet details and EV purchase plan.
- A copy of their charging infrastructure plan and quotation.
- Optional: Evidence of public communication regarding their EV adoption.
For more information see: https://www.seai.ie/business-and-public-sector/ev-for-business/grants-and-supports/
Grant applications are a key specialty of Celtic Dynamics. We actively research and apply for grants on behalf of your company, ensuring you can access available financial assistance to optimise the overall cost of your energy projects.
How to Proceed:
Ready to secure funding for your energy-saving projects? Book a call with Celtic Dynamics to discuss the details further and receive a customised quotation. Our Energy Grant Applications service is designed to enhance your chances of success in securing grants for your energy initiatives.