Stream 2 – Support for Energy Intensive Companies
Enterprise Ireland is helping Irish businesses to manage the economic impact of the current crisis in Ukraine. The Ukraine Enterprise Crisis Scheme offers two streams of support to manufacturing and internationally traded services companies. This support offers state aid support for eligible energy intensive companies. The support streams can compensate energy intensive companies for the additional costs incurred due to exceptionally high gas and electricity prices, and to enable business continuity. Aid will be approved in the form of direct grants. Grants are 30% of the eligible costs up to a maximum of €2 million depending on size of company and demonstrated need.
Funding supports are available for:
- Are engaged in manufacturing and/or internationally traded services.
- Have a min. 10 employees.
- Can demonstrate that their unit energy costs at least doubled in 2022, compared to 2021
- Have experienced a 15% or more decrease in EBITDA in 2022 compared to 2021 as a direct result of increases in energy input prices and not from other supply chain or inflationary issues.
- Has an Energy Efficiency Plan setting out actions to achieve a greater level of energy efficiency.
- Eligible costs should be calculated for each month of the eligible period 1 February to 31 December 2022.
- This scheme is not available to companies that are in the coal or steel producing sector, in the primary agricultural, fishery or aquaculture sectors, that are covered by specific rules for Financial Services or are under sanctions adopted by the EU.
- Enterprise Ireland may choose not to support activities involving an unacceptable reputational risk.
For more information see: https://www.enterprise-ireland.com/en/supports/funding-and-grants
Grant applications are a key specialty of Celtic Dynamics. We actively research and apply for grants on behalf of your company, ensuring you can access available financial assistance to optimise the overall cost of your energy projects.
How to Proceed:
Ready to secure funding for your energy-saving projects? Book a call with Celtic Dynamics to discuss the details further and receive a customised quotation. Our Energy Grant Applications service is designed to enhance your chances of success in securing grants for your energy initiatives.