The YFCIS is a scheme that provides grant aid to young farmers to help them upgrade their agricultural buildings and equipment. It helps them to meet the capital costs associated with the establishment of their enterprises. It also improves efficiency, drives growth and creates environmental benefits.
To be eligible for the YFCIS, young farmers must meet the following criteria:
- Be tax compliant and have a valid Tax Clearance Certificate
- Carry on a Case I trade or Case II profession (this includes charities and approved sporting bodies that carry on certain activities)
- Be registered with the Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine
- Have a valid herd number or flock number
- Have completed a Farm Safety Code of Practice or equivalent training course
- Have completed a Basic Payment Scheme application for the year of application or the previous year
- Be compliant with the European Union State Aid Temporary Crisis Framework and Transition (TCTF), which sets out overall limits on the financial support that may be claimed by single undertakings.
The value of the grant is equal to 60% of the eligible costs for each investment item, subject to a maximum grant amount per tranche. The maximum grant amount is €80,000 per holding. In the case of an application by two or more eligible partners in a partnership registered on this Department’s Register of Farm Partnership the maximum eligible investment ceiling shall be increased to €160,000. Multiple applications per tranche are allowed however the minimum amount of investment which is eligible for approval under this scheme is €2,000 per application.
To apply for the YFCIS, young farmers must provide the following documents:
- A copy of their Tax Clearance Certificate
- A copy of their herd number or flock number
- A completed application form and guidance
- A completed bill schedule
- Evidence of completion of a Farm Safety Code of Practice or equivalent training course
- Evidence of completion of a Basic Payment Scheme application for the year of application or the previous year
For more information see: https://www.gov.ie/en/service/9b5da-young-farmer-capital-investment-scheme/
Grant applications are a key specialty of Celtic Dynamics. We actively research and apply for grants on behalf of your company, ensuring you can access available financial assistance to optimise the overall cost of your energy projects.
How to Proceed:
Ready to secure funding for your energy-saving projects? Book a call with Celtic Dynamics to discuss the details further and receive a customised quotation. Our Energy Grant Applications service is designed to enhance your chances of success in securing grants for your energy initiatives.