The Support Scheme for Renewable Heat (SSRH) is a financial support initiative aimed at facilitating businesses in their transition to renewable heating technologies. This includes embracing heat pump technology, biomass, and biogas heating systems. As a comprehensive scheme, SSRH caters to various non-domestic heat users, including commercial, industrial, agricultural, district heating, and public sector entities.
- Conversion from fossil fuels
- Eligible heat use (space heating or process)
- Compliance with eco-design standards
- Heating system design according to building regulations and relevant standards
- Qualified designers with competence to carry out works
- Recipients meeting tax clearance requirements
- Operational support for biomass and biogas heating systems
- Installation grant for commercial heat pumps, providing up to 40% investment support
- Tariff supporting the operation of renewable heating systems for up to 15 years
- Based on usable heat output from biomass and biogas heating systems
Supports Available for Renewable Heating Systems:
Operational Support for Biomass and Biogas Heating Systems:
- Sustained financial support for the operation of renewable heating systems over a 15-year period.
- Applicable to new installations or conversions from fossil fuel to biomass or biogas heating systems.
Installation Grant for Commercial Heat Pumps: Grants covering up to 40% of the investment in renewable heating systems utilising air source heat pumps, ground source heat pumps, or water source heat pumps.
Who Can Apply:
The SSRH is open to a diverse range of non-domestic heat users, including commercial, industrial, agricultural, district heating, public sector entities, and more. To be eligible, applicants must meet specific criteria related to the transition from fossil fuels, heat use, eco-design standards, compliance with regulations, qualified designers, and tax clearance.
Operational Tariff for Biomass and Biogas Heating Systems:
The tariff structure is designed to support the operational phase of renewable heating systems. It covers biomass boilers, biomass HE CHP heating systems, biogas (anaerobic digestion) boilers, or biogas HE CHP heating systems. The tariff is based on the usable heat output, ensuring sustained financial assistance for eligible installations.
Before You Apply:
- Consult an Expert: Engage with an energy consultant or professional to evaluate your business’s suitability for biomass, biogas, or heat pumps. Consultants can guide you through the application process.
How to Apply:
- Confirm your eligibility.
- Consult with an expert.
- Ensure compliance.
- Start your application online.
- Work with an expert to facilitate a smooth application process.
Resources for Application:
- Terms and Conditions of the Support Scheme Renewable Heat
- Overview of the Support Scheme
- Check Eligibility
- Consult an Expert
- Ensure Compliance
- Start Your Application
- Work with an expert to facilitate your application.
- Utilise the provided guides for a seamless process.
Embark on a sustainable journey with SSRH, contributing to both environmental conservation and the prosperity of your business!
For more information see: https://www.seai.ie/business-and-public-sector/renewable-heating/where-to-start/
Grant applications are a key specialty of Celtic Dynamics. We actively research and apply for grants on behalf of your company, ensuring you can access available financial assistance to optimise the overall cost of your energy projects.
How to Proceed:
Ready to secure funding for your energy-saving projects? Book a call with Celtic Dynamics to discuss the details further and receive a customised quotation. Our Energy Grant Applications service is designed to enhance your chances of success in securing grants for your energy initiatives.